Great Schools Charles Village is an exciting initiative to get neighborhood residents to see their two public schools for the jewels they really are!
Utilizing money from the Goldseker Foundation for school improvement and marketing, and with help from the Loyola University School of Education, MargaretBrent Elementary/Middle and the Barclay School have implemented project-based learning into their curriculum, educating the whole child by giving them knowledge, and teaching them to apply it to real world situations. The schools, in addition to their already strong curricula, are focusing on community as a learning theme and utilizing the rich neighborhood resources to help children learn.
Think about the benefits of embracing your neighborhood schools:
- Your child will grow up embracing the whole community, learning about it’s assets, resources, history, and vibrancy. Your child will also learn what it means to be a true “community member,” participating in keeping their neighborhood strong.
- No more tuition costs. No more charter school lotteries.
- Be more environmentally friendly and save money by walking to school every day. No more long drives across town and sitting in rush hour traffic.
- Get to know your neighbors both in school and out.
- You can take an active role in a major institution in your neighborhood, one that affects not only your quality of life, but also property values and community pride.
So take a few minutes to look around the site, explore the two schools’ websites, and learn more about these two Great Schools in Charles Village. We know you’ll be pleasantly surprised to find out what you’ve been missing!